Friday, July 15, 2011

Q & A

How long have you been engaged? I've been engaged for 3 months.


When did you know he was the one? On our first big vacation we were rooftop at a hotel in NYC and he said to me "Could you imagine being like our parents, not finding the one they love until they're lives are set, they all ready have kids and careers. Thats why I'm happy we met so young because we have the love of our life now, we can have all of that together."


What is it like when you told your parents? My mom was upset because she herself was engaged at the time. My best friends were surprised and happy. I think they gave me the support I needed. Apparently, high school and college friends and acquaintances thought I did it because I had been pregnant, but that is obviously not true.

Is it hard to be engage while at college? Well, I am starting fresh at a new university in the Fall. At orientation I could see students and parents gaze drag down to my ring. I try not to think about what ever it is they are thinking. One girl asked me "Are you engaged?" and I answered with a smile "Yes." She nodded with a nasty smirk on her face and started texting away.. CONGRATULATIONS! should have been her response but I'll have to face the facts that most college students don't have that type of etiquette.

How was planning the Engagement Party? What's important is that it turned out great & everyone had a great time. I did most of the planning, my fiance did the financing! The hardest part was that alot of my friends stayed on campus and didn't come. I had a real "You find out who your friends are" moment.

The hard part might be staying in school, but the easy part is when I get home and get to forget about my day and spend the night on cloud nine with my One and Only. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment